Packing and Loading - Mobile Storage On Demand
Tips for a smooth packing and storage experience
TIPS FOR PACKING
- Fill all boxes to their capacity to prevent collapsing.
- Seal all cartons with tape.
- Pack similar items together, do not pack china with your toaster.
- Make sure the bottoms of all cartons are sealed and will hold the weight of the contents.
- Use enough cushioning such as bubble wrap or white newsprint so items do not move when you shake the carton.
- We sell specially made cartons for all your household goods, including mattress, clothing and mirrors.
- Label cartons to make unpacking much easier.
- Do not mix items from different rooms.
- Curtains and drapery can be hung on hangers and placed in wardrobe cartons with clothing.
TIPS FOR LOADING
- As you are loading it is a good idea to write up an inventory of items you are placing in the container.
- Protect furniture with furniture pads or blankets.
- Load all items as tight as possible.
- Distribute weight evenly throughout the container.
- Place Appliances or heavy items on container floor and secure with straps.
- Couches may be placed on end and secured with straps.
- Drain washer, refrigerator, and freezers 24 hours before loading in container.
- Place heavy items on the floor and work up to ceiling with lighter items.
- Secure sections with loading straps.
- Do not save all boxes for the end of the load, mix them throughout to fill in all spaces.
- Do not load in excess of 8,000 lbs. of weight for each container.
- Do not store flammable materials or improperly packaged food or perishable goods.
- Load mattress last to build a protective wall between items and door.
- Secure the container with a pad lock of your choice.